/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Year, New Project

On January 1st, to kick off the start of the new year, I decided to start a new project. I really wanted to start the Garden Gate Sampler by Gay Ann Rogers, since I recently collected all of the threads, but I neglected to realize that I didn’t have the congress cloth needed!

So I decided to go stash diving, and pulled out a different kit I’ve been wanting to start for a while. I purchased Ocean Waves from Judy Souliotis when it was available on her website a few years ago (though unfortunately it’s no longer available). Isn’t this design gorgeous?

Yes, it’s all done in Kreinik metallics, Japanese metallic threads, and some silk for couching. The biggest challenge will be the center motif, which is all couched as many motifs are in Japanese embroidery. I’ve read about this technique, but haven’t really done much. We’ll see how it turns out.

But that’s saved for last. The stitching on this piece actually begins with the borders. That’s another post…

************************

P.S. Thanks for all of the welcome back messages. And thanks to Susan and Edy for remembering that a certain little person in this household turned TWO on Saturday. We can’t believe how much she’s grown. After a second hip surgery this past year, followed by another cast, she finally started walking just before Christmas, and she is soooo proud of herself. :-) So are we.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Cute project!!! Woohoo on the walking, that's wonderful and belated happy birthday :-).

Edy said...

Now it's time to really toddler-proof your house. So glad she is so mobile!

Your new project looks intriguing. Looking forward to see it develop!

MeganH said...

Walking! That's so wonderful!

And a largely metallic thread project. Sparkle, sparkle! :-)

Do please blog. I like your posts.

Karoline said...

Lovely new project.

Glad to hear that your DD is doing so well