/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Friday, October 16, 2009

UFO fun

On Wednesday evening, I attended my local ANG meeting. As we did in early 2008, we again had some fun with members' UFOs. Each member who chose to participate in the 2009/2010 UFO challenge brought in three UnFinished Objects, pieces started at least one year ago. The rest of the membership voted on which piece the member would be challenged to finish by December 2010.

I decided to bring My Way, Cinders, and Wheels of Color (the only remaining UFO of the three I brought in last year).  I really wanted them to choose My Way, and it received several votes, but Wheels was the winner.

It was an enjoyable evening.  The best part, as it was last year, was hearing the excuses regarding why certain pieces were set aside.

Which of my three would you choose if you were in my chapter?  Which of your pieces would you put up for voting?

6 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Oh, I like Cinders. She is so close to a finish! Go for the fast gratification lol

Carol said...

I like Cinders too, but that's because I'm a fan of blackwork...

Rebecca said...

wonderful! Who is the designer for Wheels of Color?

Rebecca L.
blake@cfu.net

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Cinders :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

LIZ said...

Wheels of Color looks like fun, but not as much of a challenge as My Way. I vote for My Way.

Cyn said...

Hi Jeanne,

I would have voted for "Wheels of Color". :-)

One of my guilds did this challenge earlier this year. They selected one of our projects and we have been challenged to finish it by the July, 2010 meeting.

My three choices were;
- "Uncle Sam" by Janet Zickler Casey
- "Anasazi Song" by Carole Lake
- "Avalon" by Susan Reed

The guild voted and I have been challenged to finish "Uncle Sam" by Janet Zickler Casey.

I'm in the process of redoing his face. Once that is done, I'll move on to the rest of him. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow