/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Friday, January 2, 2009

Only a bit more...

... to go on my Blueberry Pocket from Periwinkle Promises.
Thanks for all of the opinions on the lighter green in the center band. I left the old dyelot in the left and right sets of trefoil leaves, and used the new dyelot everywhere else. It turned out that I did run out of two other colors. Thankfully, MIL had some very good substitutes, so I've been able to continue.

Other than running out of colors, I faced a challenge when stitching the satin stitched leaves. The issue was in determining how many strands of silk to use on the diagonal. The instructions called for 2 strands, but that looked bulky and messy. 1 strand looked too sparse. I compromised by using 1 strand, but stitching every other diagonal twice, making sure the strands lay nicely next to each other. I really like the smooth result.

I've decided to change the phrase on the pocket from "Stitching is the berries", since that seems somewhat awkward to me. I've charted " My Stitching Gadgets" to use instead. That's the last thing to be stitched before I put in an outline to be used in finishing. MIL has graciously agreed to take the piece home to iron it so I can actually finish making the pocket.

*****************************************
Pregnancy ticker: 31 weeks!
Thanks again for all of the encouraging comments. One in particular made me grin. Pierrette asked if I would be working on one of her favorite pieces from among my WIPs: Cinders from Marion Scoular. I replied to her directly, but thought I should share my reply. There's a bit of a problem working some of my larger WIPs on stretcher bars (like My Way, Summer Dream, and Cinders). I'm running out of lap space to flip these large pieces over! :-)

9 comments:

Cyn said...

Hi Jeanne,

Laughing about the lap comment! Yes, you won't have much of a lap as BJ continues to grow. I remember that with both kids eventually I couldn't see my feet!

Glad to hear that you both are doing well!

You've made great progress on this project.

Do you have another ready?

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Karoline said...

Great progress on the pocket, it's looking gorgeous.

Anna van Schurman said...

Yes, what does "stitching is the berries" even mean. One would have to change that. Be well.

Kathy A. said...

That is such a lovely piece. The colors are beautiful. And your lap - that may be a problem for a bit. Hang in there girl!

Katrina said...

Love your blueberry piece it's so pretty. I'd nver have guessed it was a Hillside Sampling piece. It looks like a Periwinkle Promises.

Glad you and your baby are doing well!

Annie Beez said...

Wow! Your blueberry pocket is looking great! I thought that sentiment was awkward too, good idea to change it.

Beth in IL said...

Not having a lap...yes, I remember that problem. Can't wait to see your next project.

Mary Corbet said...

Pretty! I love the vinework and the shading on the berries!

Glad to hear you're hanging in there and doing well!

Best wishes for the New Year - and for the new baby!

MC

3anklebiters said...

Your lap will return soon enough. The piece is beautiful.