/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Sunday, December 28, 2008

ANG ribbon winners

Last night, I received my January 2009 issue of NeedlePointers, the ANG magazine. I knew that this issue would feature the ribbon winners from the Indian Wells seminar, and I was looking forward to reading about and seeing the various entries.

I'm always amazed that the judges can rank such beautiful work. All of the winning entries are stunning. The creativity and technical skill that goes into these creations is inspirational. Thank you to ANG for taking the time to take such wonderful pictures of these pieces and add such great descriptions. The write-ups for each piece help me to fully appreciate the work and creativity of each stitcher.

The closeup picture of my Lilacs on page 22 was a great surprise (and a bit humbling). I didn't expect such a large picture! The dimensions in the description (7" x 8.5") are of the framed piece. The actual stitching is actually a tiny bit smaller than the picture in the magazine. The write-up that accompanies the picture is lovely and much appreciated! (If you don't get the magazine, you can see a picture of this piece in one of my past posts, and there's a picture of the ribbon as part of this post.)

Congratulations to all of the entrants, and especially to my fellow ribbon winners. I'm already thinking about what piece or pieces to send in for next year's exhibit!

**************************************
Pregnancy ticker: 30 weeks, 2 days.
Still boring! :-)

4 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Ohh how lovely for you to be featured in the ANG magazine. And congrats on those ribbons!! I saw that you received a rose from Boehm. They are beautiful and quite spendy. I saw some in a museum at Bellingrath Gardens in Alabama and they are so beautiful and delicate.
We are okay with boring - keep it up!

MeganH said...

Congraulations!!!!!

Front Range Stitcher said...

Congratulations! The lilacs are so life like I think I can detect their fragrance in the air! Very happy for you. Keep well.

Cyn said...

Hi Jeanne,

I was looking forward to seeing your project but my ANG magazine arrived very worse for the journey. They will be sending me a new copy and it should arrive in a week. I'll make sure to check out your "Lilacs" project then. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow