/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Happy Dance: Peace Tree

So much for switching to Summer Dream. On Wednesday, I received the kit for the last ornament in Jim Wurth's dodecagon series. I was reminded that I had not finished the previous ornament, Peace Tree, though I did work on it a bit a few weeks ago.

Because I'm switching some of the colors on Summer Dream, I decided it required too much thinking for the Thursday evening stitch night at the LNS. Instead, I brought Peace Tree, and finished the remaining beading.

I had hoped that this ornament would grow on me as I stitched it, but that really didn't happen. It's probably enough to say that it's my least favorite of the series, despite the beautiful, challenging crescent stitches done in Flair.

After I finished Peace Tree, I took it off the stretcher bars and reused them for Jim's Fabulous Finale. This ornament is not in my usual colors, but I'm really enjoying it. The proof is in the amazing amount I've stitched since Thursday evening, when I only had part of the border done.

The highlights of this piece are the five large flower-like motifs stitched in the Chilly Hollow stitch. This stitch was invented by the one-and-only Jean Hilton and named by fellow blogger Jane from Chilly Hollow.

5 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Gosh, the brown Chilly Hollow stitches do look like flowers! I've mostly stitched this stitch with the sides touching to make a diamond shape but this is a very lovely variation. Jim is talented. What fills in the centers? Anything? My preference is bullions make from the overdyed Kreinik....

Love to Stitch 99 said...

That is wonderful that you have almost completed the whole series.

I was really tempted myself to work on the last one, but I have some deadlines so that will have to wait.

Will enjoy watching you stitching yours instead (grinning)

Pierrette =^..^=

MeganH said...

Just love the Finale piece - has a fragility about it.

Beth in IL said...

Wow! It is a beautiful piece! I wanted to take this series, but I controlled myself. Wish I hadn't...

Cyn said...

Hi Jeanne,

Congratulations on finishing "Peace Tree"! It is a bit different but it grew on me as you stitched it.

You've made great progress on "Fabulous Finale"! There can't be that much left to do???