/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A start on Peace Tree

Well, I haven't been blogging, but I have been stitching. I mentioned last week that the latest in Jim Wurth's dodecagon series had arrived. After finishing the notebook class samples that were on my 10" stretcher bars, I reused the bars to mount the canvas for Peace Tree.

The ornaments in this series have had a lot of variety in terms of their layout. Some have been four-way geometrics, some two-way, some completely abstract. This one has a different "feel" to it, though. It is a two-way geometric, but it's also trying to be an abstract representation of a real thing, in this case a Christmas tree. I don't think this is going to be one of my favorites in the series. It's interesting, and I love the way the crescent stitches come out when stitched with Rainbow Gallery's Flair (more on that in another post), but it's not really a pattern I would have picked out to stitch if it wasn't part of this ongoing series. I'll keep stitching to see if it tries to change my mind!

3 comments:

Cyn said...

Hi Jeanne,

Well it is looking "interesting" so far and I'm curious to see how this project develops. :-)

There is an awful lot going on in the bottom section which is looking a bit busy right now. I'm looking forward to seeing how the bottom section fits in with the overall design.

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Anonymous said...

I will be interested in whether you enjoy stitching it and how it comes out. I am only stitching on my second one so I don't have to stitch this one for quite a while. I admit that at this point I don't particularly care for Peace Tree. It seems ungainly to me. I looked at it and started to figure out what I could use the canvas and threads for... Janine who took your posts about the UFO challenge and is doing a challenge as our September ANG chapter program.

Meg Welch said...

Of the eleven so far, this is the only one I will not be stitching. I just looked at it when I opened the box and knew I would never do it. I've never planned on framing them as a set, so I -can- skip it. Good luck with yours!