/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dodecagon presentation

In response to my last post about finishing another of Jim Wurth's ornaments, both Mary and Cynthia asked what I was going to do with all of the dodecagons. I really had no idea about final presentation when I started doing these. They're really a tad bit too big to use as regular ornaments, and I'd like to display some all year.

Somebody in my ANG chapter is also doing these, and she came up with the idea of making them up as individual ornaments, then hanging them in a frame, allowing for them to be switched out seasonally. See?Thanks for the idea, Lynne! I'm adapting this slightly. Lynne's frames were black with a black background. I'm going to have the framer leave off the craft paper on the back of the frame and provide me with several suede mats so I can customize the background. I haven't quite figured out what frame to use yet. I'm going to start by having a few of the ornaments made up. I'll find a good frame for them after that. I think I'll have 2 of these frames, but I don't yet know where they'll go in my house!

3 comments:

Cyn said...

Hi Jeanne,

That is a great idea and an excellent diagram!

Please keep us posted on how it works out, especially with pictures as we might want to "borrow" this idea also.

I think you are heading in the right direction in that you are going to finish several before deciding on framing.

Do some have more gold while others are more silver? Or are some more muted while others are richer in color. I'm trying to remember the colors from previous ornaments...

If you find them falling into two different color families such as gold/silver or jewel/pastel tones that might help with picking a frame. Just a thought! :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Anonymous said...

I think that is a terrific idea, too. You know those stands people hang stitched kimonos on? Maybe there could be a variation of that for the ornaments(to hang freely). I will have to ask my woodworker husband for any ideas. Janine

Division Calculator said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.