/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Update on Winds of Color

For the last few days, I've been stitching on Winds of Color. I finished the lady's skin and the dark blue clouds surrounding the pink on the left side. These were all in basketweave. Today I completed the moon (which I originally thought was the sun, but the text says otherwise!) and the lavender areas around it. These areas were stitched in skip tent to let the shading of the background show through.

Unfortunately, the line through the middle of the section also shows through! On the picture of the finished piece, there is some stitching over that line, but I can't find anything in the directions that tells me what that stitch is. I think I'll try a stem or outline stitch.

2 comments:

Kathy A. said...

That is such a beautiful piece. I enjoy watching it come together. such fancy stitches - where ever did you learn them all?

Anonymous said...

Wooohooo! She's back! I so much adore this piece, and I love seeing your progress on her. I cannot wait to see what colour those glorious swirling clothes are going to be. Your stitching is great!
Jocelyn