/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Friday, January 25, 2008

Speaking of happy dances

Yes, here's another small happy dance! This poor little hummingbird had only one color of his tail feathers stitched for over a year. Nothing else, just some of his tail feathers. I picked him up again on Sunday, and he went together so quickly!

Here was his progress on Tuesday evening. Yes, that is an ordinary U.S. dime.
And I finished him last night at the LNS! I love the sparkle of the tiny bit of blending filament on his head.
I can't believe how much easier it is to see 40ct gauze with my true color Ottlite than it was with my old high-intensity bulb. I used to wait for sunny days to stitch on gauze, but this lamp makes it easy to see the holes no matter how dark it is.

Now I'm going to go back to Winds of Color until my Strawberry Purse thread gets here. Then I can finish that up and declare the first round of my challenge over!!!!!

***************************************************
WIP-loss challenge status: 9 down, 1 to go

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hummingbird piece looks great! I can't believe it's so small - I never would've believed it if not for the dime! I think I'd go blind stitching something so tiny - my hats off to you! :)

M&Co. said...

Oh I use to love stitching on 40hpi silk canvas. I'll have to dig some out and try it again! Thank you for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

WOW! That is so small. But perfect for a hummingbird. What a great job. Congratulations. May the last WiP go as quickly.

Karoline said...

Your Hummingbird is gorgeous, congratulations