/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Thursday, January 17, 2008

SBQ: Favorite Pastime

It's time for another Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week!

This week's SBQ was suggested by Outi:

What is your favorite past time while stitching? Do you just enjoy silence, listen to music/audiobooks or do you "watch" TV/movies? Do you have specific favorites you listen to/watch while stitching?

Strangely enough, it depends on the season. For this purpose, there are two seasons: baseball season, and "not baseball" season.

  • During baseball season, DH has the TV tuned to Yankees games as much as possible. Which means we're watching the Yankees five to six nights per week. Ok, he's watching, I'm stitching and listening, until he says "watch this replay". Baseball games are great while stitching, because the action usually comes in short bits, which will usually be replayed at least once.
  • For the other six months of the year (mid-October to early April), I try to catch up on all the audiobooks I've downloaded from Audible. I'm on a plan where I get two credits per month, and most books are one credit. If I listened to normal-length books, I could probably keep up. Most books are in the 6-10 hour range. Generally, though, I enjoy long books. Right now I'm listening to The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, which is 26 hours long.

No comments: