/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Friday, May 25, 2007

Examplar IV: A Trellis Stitch Strawberry

The past two nights I've been working on Examplar IV. I've finished all the single-strand tendrils and strawberry tops. Each side of the border is different. The tendrils and leaves are the same on top and right, but the tendrils change on the other two sides. Some sides have symrna cross leaves, others have queen stitch leaves. And the strawberries are made with different stitches on each of the four sides!

I've started a strawberry on the top in a cross stitch variation, but I really wanted to try the trellis stitch. I only stitched it on a tiny doodle during the class. After MIL mentioned that this stitch is covered in detail in Darlene O'Steen's The Proper Stitch, I put this book to real use (i.e. not just browsing & drooling!) for the first time since I picked it up at the end of last year. Here is the result. I'm pretty happy with it, considering I hadn't done this stitch prior to last week in class.


I'm off to try another strawberry...

(Edited to add a link to trellis stitch instructions, as found in one of Jane Nicholas's books. I hadn't tried Google's Book Search feature before, but it's really useful!)

No comments: